Monday, October 11, 2010

New week, new space :)

I didn't realise how much this weekend tired me out. I still thought I was going to Chaduchak Market again with Ben to look for a backpack. But we had lunch and then faded.

Then I found out that my room was available for me to move into, I couldn't wait! Lugged all my stuff up 8 floors in the creakiest lift in the world, and it only took three trips. And for the first time since I arrived here, I really unpacked, and got all the way to the bottom of my suitcase and got everything out. I found out that I actually did bring long pants, and more shoes than I thought (although my mother already knew this about me).

I also found out that the people at OR Tambo who cut the lock off my suitcase not only took the pretty key-ring that Lara bought me with my initials on it, but also my black dress with the orange straps and stuff. This makes me sad.

But unpacking is incredibly liberating. I feel like I'm not in transit anymore, and I can be just as morsig as I like. Although, because the space is so newly mine and I'm still baar, you must know that I made up that bed at 5:30am when I woke up!

I also have my own bathroom for the first time in my life, and I really like the feeling. I've never lived absolutely alone before, and I suppose I'm still not really alone, but it feels like it, and its a good feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy Tashy! That really is super-exciting. Pics of new room would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete